Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wishful Thinking

Ok, it's better than just wishful thinking that our passports and visas would go without a hitch, because it turned out ok but there's sill another step.

Here I thought there'd be one day I could sleep in without having to worry about getting up for an appointent. You see we don't have an alarm clock, so when I wake up for the first time in the morning (anywhere between 6:30 and 8:00)I get up and stay up until our appointment, which can be anywhere from 9:00 to 10:00 in the morning. So today when Jeff met our attorney Agnieszka to go to the Polish authorities to get the kids Polish passports and take them to the US Embassy, I thought we would be done and I could sleep in tomorrow since we don't have anything planned until 4pm. Not that I'd sleep until 4 pm as nice as that sounds! Anyway, glitch one, Jeff and Ag got to the Polish place and they told Jeff they needed Bartek there because his fingerprint didn't turn out and they wanted to redo it (they couldn't tell us this before we got there when they said they were ready?).

Yeah for Ag, she convinced them to use one they already had on record and put it in the place they needed to. So, glitch one taken care of. The next part, they take the passports to the Embassy, only to find out the visas take a few hours to complete after they receive the passports, and wouldn't be done until later this afternoon. Well, I guess this is common but wasn't conveyed to us. Ag likes to do things in steps and since she doesn't drive and takes buses around everywhere and then taxis with us....they're going back tomorrow to pick everything up. Uh, tomorrow? We leave the next day with no room to maneuver. Here's mega duty praying time!!!! Well God has come thru for us thus far, I strongly doubt he'll let us down now!

Colorado here we come!!!!

Oh, as of 8 pm Poland time Thursday, we will be without internet or phone service. If you receive a collect call from us PLEASE ACCEPT!!!! ;)

6 comments:

Lee and Martha said...

Your family has been blessed with a great gift of timing during this trip....if Jeff can get off the train in the nick of time, I bet the Passports will be ready in the nick of time!! :)

Also..Debbie, thanks for the excellent reminder of Proverbs 3:5

Safe Travels!!

sarah said...

It's always something, isn't it?!?

Try to enjoy your last few days in Warsaw... so soon they will seem like a distant memory. :)

(And say "hi" to Agnieszka for us!)

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

I'm just commenting to see if you're really out of internet connection. :-)

Tell Jeff he accidently sent me an email, which I do appreciate, but unfortunately will not be able to make the trip from Virginia to Colorado. I have more important things to do tomorrow. Like a PAPA Picnic in Pennsylvania!

Wendy H said...

OMG!!!! It's 6:30 in Denver which means B&K are in America.....or at least american air! I am so excited they will be on the ground in Colorado in 3 hours!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!

P.S. if you see me randomly wandering the streets in Rox I'm just trying to get a peek at them!

C Speh said...

Hopefully, you had a safe and uneventful journey home. Nothing like last minute surprises!

Our first day back we went to the pool to get out all of that extra energy created from being in a new place.

Good luck and congratulations!

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

Dying to hear how was your first days back home, but will settle for a photo.