Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Best Birthday Ever!

I've got to say I've had some pretty nice birthdays but today I celebrated the best birthday ever!

It started with my son coming down in the morning and coming into our room to give me a kiss and wish me a "happy birthday mama". Later when Kasia woke up she came down with a gift bag filled with a few of her little toys, 1/2 box of chicklets, and some polish money as my birthday gift. Another kiss and a "happy birthday mama". Sweet music, better than any happy birthday song.

My husband Jeff, made dinner and bought a cake and after we were done, even though Bartek had been saying the last few days, "no gift for mama, maybe next time", they all presented me with a beautiful willow tree figurine. It's called generations and is of a mother standing behind a boy sitting and a little girl leaning in. Very very nice!

This thing called motherhood is both exhausting and oh so rewarding.

Thank you Jesus for bringing us together and making us a family.

5 comments:

Lee and Martha said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful day!

kelly said...

Happy Birhtday! That's wonderful to finally celebrate it with your children :-)

Wendy H said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Seriously, those babies of yours are so perfect. Bartek cracks me up and Kasia is the sweetest little princess.

I love them AND I love you.

Congratulations and happy birthday!

sarah said...

Happy birthday!!!
:)

James and Melanie said...

Oh I love it! How precious! It's makes me so excited to be a mom! Happy Birthday to you!