We've been back in the U.S. now for 5 days and the kids are trying to get into a routine. Besides finding their way, enrolling in school, fighting boredom, it has finally hit them that no one but mom & dad speak the slightest bit of Polish. (They haven't met our Polish friends yet). So 4 nights ago when I went up to check on the kids after they had gone to bed, I found Bartek crying. Sobbing really, and it broke my heart. He wouldn't/couldn't tell me what was bothering him most, so all I could do is rub his back, give him kisses on his head and shoulder, tell him I love him and try not to let him see me cry too. I hope he's not regretting us as his parents.



A few things they have done since being here is:
Ride Bikes
Learn to throw a football
Kasia has experienced Wal-mart and their toy department
Swim
Take a ride on an ATV

Swim again
Who knows what day 6 will bring?
6 comments:
What great pictures! I've just caught up on your trip since you opened it back up. So sorry to hear about the tears, that is heartbreaking! I'm betting that day 6 will bring more fun :-) So glad you're all home safely!!
I am sure he is just overwhelmed!
Oh Debbie! My heart goes out to you....Regarding the tears....Better days are ahead and keep the faith. Don't forget to Pray. Your love for your children will prevail and I just know that your warm, heartfelt smiles and hugs will "speak" the love they understand. Hang in there!
What a good mom you are. Seeing him cry and gently rubbing his back, giving him kisses on his head and shoulder, telling him that you love him. What love. What more could any of us ask for. Your gentleness also let him know that it is okay for young men (and adult men) to cry. He has alot going on in his head, as you know. But it may not all be frustration or transition. Can you imagine his just finally realizing that this adoption is real. That you did come back and get him. That someone does love him and his prayers have been answered. God bless you Deb, you are a light on Bartek's path.
Oh, how heart wrenching! These kids are going through so much... everything is so new and the transitions so big.
What a natural mom you are, Debbie! Bartek knows he is loved and knows you will be by his side for the tough times.
So glad you are all home safe and sound!
Bartek and Kasia are going through a lot - but there has been such a bond already made with you! They look up to you and love you. All our best to your family. It was great to meet you in Warsaw!
Post a Comment