Sunday, July 12, 2009

What we've been doing while waiting for dates.

Well we got a chance to talk to K & B again. This time it was 1:00 am our time and we were able to talk for a much longer time. This time it was pre-set for a designated time. We were told that when Magdelena (the woman at the orphanage)went in to get Kasia & Bartek from their rooms for the phone call, they were already awake, dressed and waiting. Awww.

Kasia & Bartek talking to Us.








The orphanage staff is taking all the kids to the Mountains for a vacation. They'll leave 7/15 and take a train overnight and arrive on 7/16. Kasia & Bartek are very excited to go. When Bartek mentioned they would be going fishing, Jeff said it sounded like fun and he wished he could go too. Bartek said "Ok, come on over and go". Awww.

We're going to call one last time Tuesday morning (7 am our time) before they go on their trip.

The only somewhat discerning thing we were told was that they're a little confused as to what's taking so long for us to get back and get them. They're not sure if the 2 1/2 weeks we spent together was all or will we be back. Very discerning to us. We reassured them we will be there to get them as soon as we can but that we're waiting for our attorney Agnieszka to give us our dates. They remembered Agnieszka and this put them more at ease.

Bartek & Kasia keeping busy while waiting for mom & dad




I too have been keeping busy. I went on a fun filled shopping spree to buy some clothes and shoes for the kids, thanks to the generosity of our friends and the many target gift cards we received at the shower thrown for me by our friend Wendy. (Shh I still have to get my thank you notes out).

I also got Bartek's bedroom painted. But still have to paint their bathroom and decide on a color for Kasia's room.


Bartek's Room Before



Bartek's Room After

6 comments:

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

Wow, I'm so jealous of your energy to paint the room. And you did such a beautiful job of it, too! Our kids all sleep in one room, and it is still all four walls white with nothing on them. I think I'm going to have to find a long weekend and plan on painting their walls finally. Make it look like there are kids in that room and not just stuffed animals.

It saddens me to hear how long your kids have to wait for you to come back and pick them up. I really hope your wait will be over soon! These kids deserve better.

kelly said...

Love the pictures, and the paint color. That's good that you get to talk to the kids, even though I know the wait to go pick them up is awful!

Lee and Martha said...

I think the paint color is Fabulous! and it is probably best to keep yourself as busy as you can be. Hopefully the time will go quick and you will be back SOON to Poland. Hang in there!!!

sarah said...

Oh, I sure hope you get dates soon! How hard for you and the kids to have to wait...

Maybe pani Agnieszka could call the kids to do a little extra interpreting for you to remind the kids how hard she is working to get you all together again soon???

Here's wishing you very speedy dates!!!

C Speh said...

Love the paint job.

I think the wait may be harder on them than us. Our daughter was just confused. We came for 4 days then were gone for 2 months and called twice a week for the last month when we were finally given a number to call. Although the orphanage did a good job preparing her, she just seemed to stop being interested after 2 weeks of calls. I hope you get to go back soon. Good luck

James and Melanie said...

Love the blue room and all the pictures! Your children are darling! What is the deal with your judge? Does he have trouble with everything? How did the deal with the names turn out? You're in our prayers!