Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy New Year!

The kids first Christmas with us was a huge success. We had fun making paper chains for the tree; making, decorating and eating cookies; and gifts galore! The kids continue to enjoy their gifts and even improvised with their new sleds. We had snow but no where to sled and because of where we live, our streets weren't plowed. So, when there's no snow on the ground/hill, sled down the middle of the street! Yes my kids did this!! We celebrated our New Years Eve with our friends/neighbors starting with dinner and then moving on to playing poker (this is a regular event with our neighbors). We all managed to stay awake until midnight (all except Kasia), but by 12:30 everyone was cleared out (I think it's an age thing ;). The kids were excited to get back to school and share with their friends all that they did on their winter break. I have to admit, I was pretty excited about them going back too after 2 weeks 24/7! Most recently, just this past weekend, Bartek & Kasia spent the weekend with their Aunt & Uncle in the mountains while Jeff & I went to spend a night in Estes Park, CO to celebrate Jeff's birthday. A good time was had by all. Happy New Year and wishing everyone many moments of making memories! A few pictures of what we did over Christmas break. Making Gingerbread Houses Decoratng the Christmas tree Making Christmas Cookies Miss Cutie Pie! Making Do With No Where to Sled (Short Clip Videos)

7 comments:

Rebecca W. said...

The video clips are so cute. Glad you had great holidays.

kelly said...

I love the pictures!! Looks like fun to live somewhere with snow!!

Jennifer A. said...

Happy New Year!! The photos and videos are great. Love the tree and the gingerbread house decorating. The sledding video of Bartek pushing Kasia is priceless! I bet he is such a good brother. :)

Lee and Martha said...

What fun times! It looks like your first Christmas holiday as a family was a huge success!!

sarah said...

Oh, my! Kaisa has gotten so big! I keep comparing the pictures in this post to the one on your side bar and think "How could she have gotten so big so fast!" :)

What fun holiday pictures. We had a lot of fun-in-the-snow pictures from the holidays as well. And I completely agree with Jennifer - the video of Bartek pushing Kasia is wonderful!

Shelly said...

You have only been home 6 months and you look like you have been together all along. Your children look so comfortable and happy in their new home. You are all so blessed.

Jeff and Debbie said...

Thanks everyone, and yes Shelly, we truly feel blessed.