Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A few of my favorite sayings

Just trying to keep my spirits up on this dreary February day. I'm getting cabin fever as Jeff & I usually take a couple of days off in Jan or Feb but for the obvious reasons we haven't this year.

So I thought I'd share a few of my favorite sayings that have kept me going. Here they are:

* Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone; but still miraculously my own

* Walk by Faith, not by sight

* When you cannot see your path more than a step in front of you - that is when you know that God is asking for you to move forward in faith. Because if you knew the outcome, you wouldn't have to rely on Him.

* Eventually we grow weary of seeking treasures outside ourselves and begin to look within. There we discover that the gold we sought, we already are. ~ Alan Cohen

* A prayer by St. Teresa of Avila
Let nothing disturb you,
nothing distress you.
While all things fade away,
God is unchanging.
Be patient.
With God in your heart,
nothing is lacking,
God is enough.

* Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. Psalms 3:5-6

Peace be with you!

~ Debbie

2 comments:

kelly said...

I'm hoping you receive good news soon!!

James and Melanie said...

Have you heard anything yet? I'm looking forward to your trip! Your in our prayers always!