Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Delay

As you may have noticed if your a habitual follower of our blog site, that I have once again changed the layout/coloring. I need distraction! I don't know if I should dare start on what the latest delay has been. I know it's going to sound like a lot more ranting and raving, but..... here goes!

About a week ago I finally decided to contact our agent to see if she could give us any idea as to why it's taking so long to set dates for us. What we found out is that when our judge petitioned for a court date for us it was discovered that another judge had accepted a case of a woman who had petitioned to be OUR children's foster parent! Can you believe it. I became frantic and asked about another bazillion more questions (ok, not really that many but it sure did raise quite a few).

Thank God for big and small miracles. The procedure in Poland is that once a case has been accepted it has to proceed thru normal channels, even though our adoption has been anything but normal up until now. The petitioner is given 3 opportunities to appear before the courts and give their case. Fortunately the woman/petitioner has not appeared for her first two court dates and the Polish Adoptive Authorities got a hold of the second judge to tell him about our adoption request. He has said that even if the woman appears on her third and final court date, that he's going to dismiss her case. However, he has to wait until her court date of February 16th to do so.

Then our judge can petition again for a court date for us. "They" have said that we'll know in March at the latest.

On an up note, God and I have become the greatest of friends and we talk on a daily basis! :)

Wishing my fellow adoptive parents a speedy and uneventful adoption process.

~ Debbie

1 comment:

James and Melanie said...

Wow! You two have been through the ringer! However, it sounds like our prayers have been heard! It's getting closer!