Thursday, December 10, 2009

The good, the bad and the hilarious

I'm starting to get back into the swing of things and am able to update our blog more frequently.

The good news is, we took the kids to their doctors for a quick physical and their H1N1 shots. They're both very healthy.

The bad news is it was the worst day of my life. Kasia had to get two of her immunization shots updated. Not because she wasn't to date but because they weren't age appropriate while she was in Poland. So that was three shots in her little bitty leg. And did she ever scream!! I don't know who cried more, me or her.

Bartek did great! However every time he said he was ready, the nurse came towards him and he would shout wait! I think it was more the anxiety/anticipation of getting the shot. He had told us the doctors in Poland were awful and gave really bad shots. But he came through like a trooper.

Have you ever played operator? Where one person whispers something in some one's ear and they have to repeat it to the next person and so on.

The hilarious words out of child's mouth.

TV Show the Ghost Whisper: I see and talk to the dead.
Kasia: She talks to beds?

Also Ghost Whisper: Song playing "Good Love" (sounded like true love to me)
Bartek singing: Turn Left! doot doot do Turn Left!

Boy did I need those laughs.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Kasia! I've heard this several times, that kids need to be re-immunized. I'm glad Bartek didn't think it was so bad.

Jeff and Debbie said...

Sorry Julie, I tried to get the point across that it was not a re-immunization but bringing them current. They had had one round of their chickenpox vac and kasia had had 1 of 2 of her mumps according to age. Everything else they were current on.

Shelly said...

Michal had to be completely re-immunized after we returned home. The immunizations that he did receive in Poland came up negative here in the states. So I feel your pain having to hear Kaisa's screams and deal witness Bartek's apprehension. Shots stink! At least you had some funnies to back up the ickies.

Lee and Martha said...

Did you go for ice cream after the shots? That's the best part!! :) Funny thing about the Ghost Whisper (my favorite show on Friday night!!) is....sometimes she may be seen "talking to beds!" I love it.

Lee and Martha said...

Did you go for ice cream after the shots? That's the best part!! :) Funny thing about the Ghost Whisper (my favorite show on Friday night!!) is....sometimes she may be seen "talking to beds!" I love it.

Rebecca W. said...

At least it wasn't every shot they could think of to give. I've been interviewing doctors and some of them want to give kids more shots than given to most American children.

sarah said...

Oh, there is nothing worse than watching your kids go through pain. I'm sorry it was so hard for them (and you)!

Now if I could only find that elusive HINI vaccine, I would bring my kids in for some pain of their own...

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

We got really lucky with our children's vaccinations. We did all the titers and everything came back fine. They still need the regular vaccinations for their ages, but everything else was fine and up to date.

I took my kids for the H1N1 shots - most well behaved kids in the room!!! I'm so in love with my children. They're the best in the entire world.

And yes, I'm bragging. They're mine after all. ;-)

James and Melanie said...

Oh I just love your updates! I know what you mean about shots. BJ had three (1 in one leg and two in the other! He was not happy and we should go back for his next three soon, but I'm not to anxious. He was blowing kisses and being so happy, then they jabbed him. Poor kid! I felt so bad, but after a minute he stopped crying ( just sniffled) and still blew them a kiss! Have a Merry Christmas!