Saturday, January 26, 2008

Disappointment

Now that the excitement and panic has waned I can tell you about our disappointment. Last week we got a call from our agency saying they had a brother and sister available for adoption. We panicked because we don't have the money even to make our first trip. So we asked for an extension on our travel date and were going to decide whether to take another leap of faith and rely that God was going to take care of the funds. Our intent was to have a silent auction and a major garage sale between now and April. However, the very next day we got the second call saying the judge in Poland didn't want to hold off so long to get the kids adopted. I can understand that, and it took away us having to decide whether we could accept the referral or not due to money. I don't ever want to be in that position again, where money is the deciding factor.

We are now in the process of proceeding with figuring out where, when and how to hold a silent auction.

All prayers are welcome!

No comments: